Start the process early. It takes time, and the deadlines are strictly followed.
Use the following tips as a helpful guide!
- SAT or ACT? Decide which one is best for you and take it multiple times.
- Start thinking about which of your teachers to ask for recommendation letters.
- Research colleges to decide on a good fit in terms of your major, desired population, proximity to an airport, student diversity, etc.
- Know and keep up with deadlines for college applications, test dates, and scholarship opportunities.
- Know statistics about admission for several colleges.
- Prepare to write many essays.
- Decide how your education will be financed. If you are a US citizen, you may be eligible for some student loans.
I look forward to working with each student and family in creating a life-changing experience through exposure to academic centers of excellence, as well as navigating and completing the US college admissions process.
Mrs. Folashade Aladesanmi
Founder, Pro Educators Plus